Our goal is to be a trusted adviser, one who provides a full-range of services tailored to help you successfully navigate the complexities of your mission-focused activities.
What We Do
Our experienced team of professionals can help your organization by handling the daily, monthly or annual accounting functions, including accurate financial reporting so that you can focus on the things that you do best. We will keep you up to date and make sure you are in compliance with donors, grantors, taxing authorities, and provide you with experienced consultation and guidance.
A non-profit in every growth phase – from startup to maturity – can benefit from our services. If you’re starting a new not-for-profit organization we can help you prepare your organization’s application for tax-exempt status. We are also happy to work with your attorney in the preparation of the articles of incorporation and bylaws, as well as assist you in developing the organization’s mission statement and activities and programs.
Non-profits are generally required to file a version of Form 990 with the Internal Revenue Service each year to maintain their tax-exempt status. The following documents are also required to be prepared:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Functional Expense Statement
- Individual Program Expense Statement
- Revenue Support Schedules
The IRS uses these very specific revenue and expense classifications to determine if your organization will retain its tax-exempt status. So it’s imperative that you build your accounting system around these revenue and expense classifications. We’re here to help!
List of Non-Profit Services
We understand that every non-profit is different. That’s why we tailor our services to your organization. Here’s a sample of what we can do for you…
- Reviews or compilation of financial statements
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual bookkeeping
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Custom financial reports
- Payroll and payroll tax preparation
- Assist in completing and/or filing of your non-profit status application
- Prepare and file Form 990 and 990-T (if applicable) tax forms
- Initial start-up documentation, including incorporation, federal employee identification number (FEIN), and payroll setup with federal and state agencies.
- Software selection and implementation
- Technology consulting and management
- QuickBooks and software training
- Internal controls audit and fraud prevention
- Human resources consulting
Certifications and Credentials
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
- Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Certified Healthcare Business Consultant