Imagine you were given a puzzle, let’s say … 1,000 pieces. There’s no picture on the box, and no pictures anywhere, on any of the pieces. Could you put it together?
If you’re a puzzle person, you might think “ooh, cool challenge!” And if you’re not, you’re probably thinking “worst nightmare!” Well, we’re puzzle people – we’re forensic accountants. We’re given complicated problems every day, a handful of facts, and we figure out the rest.
And we love it!
When We Can Help
We’re there for the tough stuff, whether you’re facing divorce, lost compensation, embezzlement within your organization, or you’re a lawyer who needs help understanding the financial aspects of a case. When you need a trusted advisor who makes complicated financial information accessible and understandable, strategizes with the legal team on the big picture, and knows the kind of specialized information needed to deal with the courts, we can help you.
Types of Engagements
- Business Damages
- Forensic Examination
- Shareholder Disputes
- Fraud Investigation
- Construction Claims and Disputes
- Malpractice Claims
- Due Diligence
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Damages
- Divorce Mediation
- Expert Testimony
- Family Law Litigation Support
- + More
What We Do
In a nutshell – we solve problems. How we do that varies from case to case, depending on the characteristics of the case. We are equipped to be part of the legal process from start to finish, translating the broader financial picture for you, our clients, attorneys, judges, and juries. In the courtroom, we provide an impartial opinion, interpreting the information and bringing the financial side of the case to life. In the office, we facilitate and participate in mediations to help our clients avoid the courtroom altogether.
Like the rest of Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A., we are a team dedicated to getting you whatever you need. We know that behind all the numbers and the legalese, there are people. That’s why each and every interaction we have with you is customized with your unique challenges and circumstances in mind.
Above all, we empower our clients with reliable information, delivered with a human touch.
List of Services
- Determination of Income
- Income and Asset Searches
- Tracings of Funds and Other Assets
- Investigative Research
- Expert Testimony
- Trial Assistance (including direct and cross examination)
- Assistance During Discovery Process (including drafting requests and responses)
- Assistance in Due Diligence Matters
- Consulting on Accounting Issues
- Lifestyle Analysis
- Calculations of Alimony and Child Support
- Calculations of Economic Damages
- Evaluations of Lost Wages or Loss of Earnings Income
- Financial Analysis
- Fraud Examination (including interviews of personnel)
- Construction Funds Accounting
- Trust Accounting
- + More
Certifications and Credentials
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Florida Certified Paralegal
- Certified Paralegal
- Florida Licensed Private Investigator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
- Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Accredited in Business Valuation by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants