MNMW Updates on Office Operations and Staffing
Dear clients, business partners, and friends,
We know that COVID-19 has caused major concern and interruptions for all. Due to the various mandatory closures and restrictions, many in our community will endure economic hardship in the coming months, and possibly beyond that. We want you to know that we are here for you and will try to help in any way that we can, while also safeguarding our team, their families, and ultimately our community.
With that in mind in an effort to help mitigate the spread of this virus, most MNMW team members will work from home until further notice. There may be a few team members who will have a presence in the office, but this is not business as usual during this extremely busy time of year. Our team has procedures in place to make sure that we lessen any disruption to client service and meet the needs of those we work with. We are a cloud-based firm and have been working towards becoming as paperless as possible.
As we modify the way that we are doing business during this challenging time, please know that our team is still available by email, phone and other electronic means. We encourage you to use our secure portal, where any sensitive or private documents can be sent to our team members. You can access the portal here: https://www.markham-norton.com/resources/send-files/.
The IRS and our government are constantly updating ways to help those impacted by COVID-19. The most recent update has extended the filing deadline to July 15, 2020. This comes after the previous announcement of the 90-day extension of time to pay income taxes that were otherwise due on April 15th.
We know there are many questions and based on current information, below is the guidance we have to offer related to the tax preparation and filing for our clients:
If your return is completed
- If your tax return is complete and you have a balance due and/or a 1st quarter 2020 estimated tax payment, you do not need to make those payments until July 15, 2020.
- Please return your E-file authorization forms (if you have not done so already) and we will file the returns for you.
If you have sent us your data and your tax return is in process
- For any tax returns in process, the new extended tax filing deadline does allow extra time, however we are still doing our best to complete these as quickly as possible under the current circumstances.
If you have not yet sent in your data
- You can send us your information using the secure portal link above or via email
- You can mail your information to us
- You may drop the information off through a mail slot in the front door at the Fort Myers office or the locked mailbox outside of the building at the Naples office
- You may wait until we are back to “normal” operations and drop off your information then
- All 2nd quarter 2020 tax estimated payments are still currently due by June 15, 2020. The IRS has not provided any guidance or information on whether this payment due date will be extended.
- If you intend to fund your IRA for 2019 and have not done so it is best to contribute by April 15, 2020.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and assessing how it will impact our clients, our team and our community. Please know that we are taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19, while also trying to continue to provide the best service to our clients. We love this community that we live in and serve and want to ensure that everyone gets through this with as little impact as possible. We share in the anxiety and concern and are trying to do our part to help everyone get back to normal routines and schedules when possible.
Our team at MNMW is working constantly to bring you the most recent news and updates related to the COVID-19 crisis that could impact you and your loved ones. In a continuing effort to maintain the health and safety of our valued clients, our team, and the community and to cooperate with the advice of health officials, MNMW lobbies in Fort Myers and Naples will be closed to the public until further notice.
For more information you can visit our MNMW Coronavirus (Covid-19) Resource page with the button below or call in at (239) 433-5554.