Beginning on May 31st and continuing through June 8th, Florida shoppers will enjoy a sales-tax holidays on the purchase of hurricane preparedness supplies. During the eight-day period, no state or local sales taxes will be collected on the following items:
- Portable self-powered light sources selling for $20 or less;
- Portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio selling for $50 or less;
- Tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting selling for $50 or less;
- Self-contained first-aid kit selling for $30 or less;
- Ground anchor system or tie-down kit selling for $50 or less;
- Gas or diesel fuel tank selling for $25 or less;
- A package of AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries, selling for $30 or less;
- Non-electric food storage cooler selling for $30 or less;
- Portable generator used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage selling for $750 or less; and
- Reusable ice selling for $10 or less.
Hurricane season begins June 1. For additional information and resources on hurricane preparedness, please visit http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/prepare/ready.php
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact our office at (239) 433-5554. Our team of professionals welcomes the opportunity to discuss your specific situation further. You may also visit us on the web at www.markham-norton.com.