Karen Mosteller, CPA, CHBC
Strategic Medical Healthcare and Dental Consultant
Karen Mosteller is a graduate of the University of South Florida, Fort Myers, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. She is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Healthcare Business Consultant. Karen has worked in public accounting since 1986 and was named a partner with Markham Norton Mosteller Wright in 2000.
Karen has been recognized for providing strategic business solutions for medical and dental practices. Her passion is helping healthcare organizations and physicians navigate the fast-paced changes in the healthcare industry. Karen and her experienced team take physicians and practices through various stages of consulting, from strategic planning to implementation of marketing, financial, and operational plans. She also assists physicians with hospital integration, restructures, mergers, and acquisitions. Karen understands how a successful practice operates in all phases, from start-up to growth, which enables her to assist clients with practical advice. Karen is a problem-solver and has the ability to understand the needs of physicians and their administrators.
Karen is an experienced presenter. She was selected by both the MGMA national conference and the AICPA national healthcare conference to present on the risks of employee fraud in medical practices. Additionally, she is a frequent speaker for local physician and administrator groups such as HMA, MGMA and the medical and dental societies. She covers topics from practice mergers and acquisitions to operational efficiencies and mitigating the risks of fraud.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Health Management Association (HMA)
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Florida Medical Group Management Association
- National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants, Board Member (NSCHBC)
- Southwest Florida Small Business Development Center, Advisory Board Member
Awards and Recognitions:
- Recipient of 2014 Leonard Schwartz Go-Getter Award by the National Society of Certified Healthcare Business Consultants
- Recipient of 2013 Experienced Leadership Award by the Florida Institute of CPAs
- Firm recipient of 2011 -2016 “Best Places to Work” by Florida Trend Magazine
- Firm recipient of “Best of Business, Best Accounting Firm” by Gulfshore Business in 2013 and 2016
- Firm recipient of 2010 Business Ethics Award, Uncommon Friends Foundation
- Firm recipient of 2009 Small Business of the Year, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce
- Firm recipient of 2008 Collier County, Best Places to Work Award from the Economic Development Council
- Named 2009 “Accounting for Success, Speaker of the Year” by the Florida Institute of CPAs
- Named 2007 “Outstanding High School Outreach Committee Chairperson” from the Florida Institute of CPAs
- Recipient of 2005 “40 Under 40” Award by Gulfshore Business magazine
- Named 2003 Regional Volunteer of the Year by the Florida Small Business Development Center